I was going to begin this post really ripping some people and asking for help. I read this article about Paramedic Joe Riffe from Louisville, KY not being able to get a prosthetic leg. That was Wednesday—I looked at Joe’s blog today and found out that the insurance company reversed it’s decision. I hollered out a HOOAH that made my daughter come see what was going on.
Joe lost his leg due to injuries he sustained while hiking. He talks quite a bit about the events leading up to and after on his blog.
Hope you’re able to get back out on the streets soon, Joe.
In other news, watching the Hop schedule out of Scott like a hawk. Noticing quite a few more flights to Andrews coming…hopefully there will be one early enough on the Thursday of EMS Today that I can get to the AHA Lunch and Learn, plus a few others before checking in and getting ready for everything to kick off. Only thing left to pack are my normal boots while I’m wearing my uniform boots…which one is to be determined.
Until next time…
No comments:
Post a Comment