13 February 2010

Chronicles of EMS

Last night in San Francisco, trauma shears were opening bottles left and right (bottles of what, you be the judge) for the world premiere of Chronicles of EMS, a reality series about EMS. After my girlfriend, @shell1972 and I watched it, I thought that there is much to be done to make things right for EMS providers.

We watched the gala beforehand, and were able to put faces to many of the twitter names that we have followed and talked to/at over the last few months. I wish I could have had the time off and some of the National Guard aviation boys needed some flight time to go.

After watching the 1st rerun of #CoEMS, I thought (damn, that gets me in trouble sometimes) about the green side of EMS--as far as the Army is concerned, us combat medics ARE EMS when we're out in the field with Joe, and not stuck in a hospital (disclaimer: I'm assigned to a Combat Support Hospital in the EMT section *ER*...although I would LOVE to be assigned to an ambulance company). So in my normal "it's better to beg forgiveness" way, I dropped @setla a note saying "come watch me train my medics". I dropped him my email (both civilian and military) and hope to converse with him soon.

No comments: